1. Adam and Eve
- Yeah, we had to start here. 😃 Sure, they had their issues. Being the first couple to bring sin into the world. But they took the correction God gave them and raised their kids to know of God’s existence. They do show us the Biblical foundation of marriage. — The first marriage covenant between man, woman and God. What better marriage to model than the one formed in God’s garden.
- Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
2. Noah and his wife
- Nope, not me and my husband (Noah), but THE Noah… of the ark.
- You will not find a verse about any detail of their marriage relationship. But, Noah’s wife had to be pretty supportive of Noah building the ark amongst scoffing onlookers. Living up to the Biblical example of marriage, Noah’s wife supports her husband when the Kingdom needs it.
- Genesis chapter 6 and 7.
3. Boaz and Ruth
- Beautiful example how nobody is hopeless when we have faith and obedience.
- Boaz noted Ruth’s honorable character to leave everything she knew to support her mother-in-law. He followed all the necessary measures to gain her as His wife.
- Check them out in the Book of Ruth, it’s just 4 chapters!
4. Zechariah and Elizabeth
- Oh, you don’t know who these are? We learn of them in the book of Luke, these are the parents of John the Baptist! Of people who are born of women, there is none greater than John the Baptist, they must have done something right!
- Faithful Jews and obedient to the point that God said that God said they were righteous. WOW! (Luke 1:6)
- An even better example than Abraham and Sarah; no cheating or disobedience towards God’s plan; a little issue with belief, but that’s not too much for God to overcome
- You can read more of their marriage in Luke 1:1-45
5. Jesus and you
- Oh, I’m part of the story too? YES, Jesus betrothed Himself to you and me!
- There is no better marriage in the Bible than the one that binds you and Jesus. No identity, no group, nor any nation will build your relationship with the Lord and Savior. It’s time to focus on your marriage with Jesus.
- Read more of the coming wedding in Ephesians 5:22-33
- Are you ready for Him? Matthew 25:1-13
Lord, let us look forward with Spiritual eyes to see, with reassured hope, of our eternal honeymoon with You ~Amen.
Like a good husband, Our Lord is there